There are plenty of well-known routes that you can find in guidebooks so it is quite easy to find some enjoyable walks or hikes in Crete.
Although I am quite happy walking on my own or with a friend, I do like going on a guided walk as well. Some days ago I could join as a participant in a walking program and I must say that I enjoyed it very much.
So I definitely recommend you to book some guided walks in Crete for the following reasons:
- When you walk with a guide, you will discover the unknown Crete and some off-the-beaten tracks that you never would have found on your own.
- A guide can answer all sorts of questions about Crete and makes sure you will see the most interesting trails of Crete.
- You will see much more than you would on your own as a guide has certainly an excellent knowledge of the area.
- You do not need to wonder if the trail you are walking is the right one. You will not get lost and waste time by finding the right trail
- Should an accident happen, it is safer to be in a group.
- Last but not least: it is so much more fun to walk in a small group, there are different people to talk to and you can share experiences
What more can I say? Enjoy your walks!